It's fun to see what people are interested in and what they are thinking about travel right now. I'm a member of ASTA, the American Society of Travel Advisors, and they just released some research statistics that I find interesting, and I thought you might too!
- 80% of people say a vacation would do wonders for their mental health.
- Despite economic pressures, people aren't holding back on travel. Travel spending is exceeding what people spend on technology, sporting equipment, home improvement, or lawn & garden. 37% of Americans still intend to travel this fall as initially planned, in spite of inflation challenges.
- 49% are very eager to travel internationally without hesitation in 2023.
- 41% plan to spend somewhat more or much more on leisure travel in 2023.
- 6% want travel that provides more unique experiences.
- 82% of travel advisors agree that clients are more likely to travel abroad now that the inbound covid testing rule has been lifted.
- 71% feel that travel has become more complex.
- 43% are more likely to use a travel advisor than trying to rely on the internet.
- 39% of those under age 35 are planning a dream vacation.
- 56% of Americans are planning fall season trips of at least four nights, while 33% are planning getaways lasting five nights or longer.
This Fall's Top 10 U.S. Travel Destinations:
Las Vegas, Nevada
New York, New York
Key West, Florida
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
New Orleans, Louisiana
Miami Beach, Florida
Did any of these statistics make you do a double take? I'd love to hear your thoughts!